High Grange offers a wide and varied curriculum to provide a broad range of learning experiences.
- Art & Design, Design & Technology, Food Technology
- Humanities: History, Geography, Religious Education, Philosophy & Ethics
- Performing Arts
- Physical Education
- Personal, Social, and Health Education
- Modern Foreign Languages – French
- Computer Science and ICT
The curriculum at High Grange is designed to provide rich, interesting and enjoyable learning experiences that take into account individual student needs, abilities, preferences and interests. During the school day students have access to the full National Curriculum and they are offered a variety of stimulating extension activities in the residential setting.
- To offer the full National Curriculum, vocational opportunities and accredited courses including GCSEs and BTECs as appropriate to each student’s abilities and needs.
- To meet the needs of each student through a planned programme that is implemented and supported across the disciplines of education, care and specialist therapies.
- To ensure that creative teaching leads to progression in each student’s learning and development, from both a day-to-day and year-to-year perspective.
- To review the needs of each student regularly with a view to setting appropriate, relevant and meaningful targets in his or her Individualised Learning Plan.
- To review, monitor and track each student’s progress against their set targets.
Our 14 – 19 Curriculum offers students opportunities to access:
- Accredited courses and examinations e.g. GCSE, BTEC
- Vocational courses
- Local College courses
- Work-related Learning (in-house & external job sites)
- Leisure Skills programmes
- Personal & Self-help skills programmes
- The Duke of Edinburgh and Prince’s Trust Award schemes
- Certificate of Personal Effectiveness
To meet individual needs and to facilitate access to the curriculum, students have access to a range of therapies, as required. These include:
- Speech, Language and Communication Therapy
- Occupational Therapy, including Sensory Integration
- Clinical Psychology support
- Counselling services available