Our School Philisophy:
Through education at High Grange School, pupils will achieve increased levels of self-esteem and confidence, and develop the skills they need to live as independently as possible; make meaningful choices; enjoy a wide range of leisure pursuits, and be well placed to go on to lead an enriched and happy adult life.
Whole School Aims
- High Grange will provide a specialised, autism-friendly environment for teaching and learning that promotes and enables individual achievement.
- Structure and routines throughout the day will reduce student anxiety and arousal levels, enabling them to predict events and understand what is required of them.
- Experienced, trained staff will respect each student’s individuality and perspective and will seek to understand how each student feels, thinks and learns.
- High Grange will provide opportunities for all students to develop their social, self-help, independence and life skills, and to pursue their vocational and leisure interests.
- Each student will be valued as an individual and personal interests, preferences and learning styles will be respected and developed.
- High Grange will work closely with parents to promote each student’s progress and development.
- The ultimate aim is for each student to lead a happy and enriched life, as independently as possible.